The Batteard-Jordan Australian Polymer Medal
The Batteard-Jordan Australian Polymer Medal, the highest award of the Polymer Division, is awarded for outstanding achievement in Polymer Science in Australia.
Nominations are by the standing committee of the Polymer Division.
No formal supporting documentation is required with a nomination. However, the nomination should be supported with a reason for the nomination or a short CV.
The awarding committee may request detailed supporting documentation at their discretion, for example a curriculum vitae and further statements detailing the reasons for a nomination.
Decision by the awards committee, which is headed by the awards coordinator.
The recipients of the medal have been:
- 1974 Professor D. O. Jordan, University of Adelaide
- 1974 Dr. J. A. J. Batteard, ICI Australia, Central Research Labs
- 1978 Dr. D. H. Solomon, CSIRO, Division of Applied Organic Chemistry
- 1982 Professor J. H. O’Donnell, University of Queensland
- 1987 Professor D. H. Napper, University of Sydney
- 1992 Dr. E Rizzardo, CSIRO, Division of Chemicals and Polymers
- 1995 Prof R. G. Gilbert, University of Sydney
- 2000 Prof K. Ghiggino, University of Melbourne
- 2006 Prof G. George, Queensland University of Technology
- 2012 Prof Graeme Moad, CSIRO
- 2016 Prof Tom Davis, Monash University
- 2018 Prof Frank Caruso, University of Melbourne